Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My neighbourhood in the summer.

Lately I’ve been enjoying long walks around my neighbourhood -Poble Sec-.
My favourite walk is to get up to the Montjuic mountain to after lay in the grass near some ponds full of water lilies and tadpoles.
Soon I’ll select some places to eat and visit on Poble Sec in case you are visiting Barcelona for your vacations. ;)
Below are some pics I took last week...

Flower fields at the Montjuic mountain.
PobleSecSummertime-04

My cat with the organic tiny tomatoes at our balcony :)
PobleSecSummertime-01

Did you knew that Barcelona’s trees are full of pigeons and parrots? These three were so funny eating rice left on the sidewalk!
(In Spain is an antique tradition to throw grains of uncooked rice to the wedding couples when they get out of the church.)

PobleSecSummertime-03

Trees at Montjuic.

PobleSecSummertime-10

These are two passifloras at my balcony. I adore these plants, they seem to have come from outer space.
PobleSecSummertime-02

Gardens at Montjuic.
PobleSecSummertime-07

More gardens at Montjuic.
PobleSecSummertime-09

Water lilies!
PobleSecSummertime-05

Plants at the Montjuic mountain.
PobleSecSummertime-08

Ohh... I love these trees.
PobleSecSummertime-06